Terms of business
- You may cancel this contract with Damp Surveys Ltd at any time 24 hours before the time and day of the pre-arranged inspection. Advanced payment is backed by a satisfaction guarantee, if you are dissatified, inform us within 14 days of the survey and we will refund the survey fee in full.
- We may cancel this contract at any time including the day of the inspection if we determine after arriving on site, that it is unsafe or that we do not have sufficient skills to complete the exercise for you. In such a case, we will refund full payment.
- You are engaging Damp Surveys Ltd, to undertake an inspection of the property in question at a pre-arranged time and the production of a report in a timely fashion thereafter. We will carefully and thoroughly inspect the property for dampness, access permitting, but NOT any outbuildings unless specifically requested to do so in writing.
- Before the inspection, but after the appointment has been made, we will undertake a desk top analysis of the property by checking various different websites and other information sources for details about the property and its location.
- Liability – our report is provided for your use only and may only be relied upon for 90 days from the survey date. Unless expressly stated otherwise in this report, nothing in this report confers or is intended to confer any rights on any third party pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- We are unable to inspect parts of the structure which are covered, unexposed or inaccessible, including lofts, without written permission to do so, and are therefore unable to report that such parts are free from defect. We may express a professional opinion as to the likelihood of damp.
- No disruption will be made to the building’s fabric save for a few pin sized holes, left by a measuring device. Access hatches and inspection chamber lids will only be lifted where it is easily possible to do so. Floor coverings and furniture cannot be moved, unless we have the prior written consent of the property owner. Floor voids will only be inspected if access panels permit. If there is a covered area you particularly wish us to investigate, please ensure that the owner of the property gives us prior written permission to uncover it.
- We sometimes publish damp related images on websites to inform the public of damp, rot and the causes of damp and rot. We make every effort to ensure individual and corporate privacy is protected.
- Please email in advance a summary of the RICS surveyor report, together with any additional damp and timber concerns, to ensure that they are covered by our survey and report.
- We aim to report within a week unless you ask for an urgent turn around.
Not withstanding your statutory rights, we offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with our survey and report. Please either complete and email the attached form, or send an email to [email protected] within 14 days of the survey and we will repay money in full.
We always endeavour to provide the best service for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied and that repaying the fee may not resolve the complaint. To ensure we are able to put things right as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint, please contact us within 14 days of the survey so that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution.
For peace of mind, Damp Surveys Ltd have Public Liability insurance of £1,000,000 and Professional Indemnity insurance of £250,000 (annual aggregate) both through Hiscox.
Who we are
This website is run by Damp Surveys Ltd.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.