Damp and Timber Report
Call now for a Damp Timber Report London on 0207 274 1278 ask to be prioritised.
A happy buyer makes a happy vendor about to exchange.
24Hr Damp Timber Report London
We understand London property purchases can stall at the last minute because of the requirement for a Damp Timber Report. So we prioritise where necessary and guarantee to survey and send a draft Damp Timber Report in London within 24 hours, subject to access to the property.
What is Damp Timber Report?
A Damp and Timber Report is a report on the condition of a property following a damp survey – it should be independent of commercial interests to be persuasive, accurate and unbiased.
The most common report is a pre-purchase Damp Timber Report London. Often a requirement of the mortgage lender and typically following the Homebuyers’ survey, for instance;
- In view of the lack of adequate ventilation, coupled with the presence of damp to walls, sub- floor timbers are at risk and these should be inspected by a suitably qualified damp surveyor.
- Remedial work is necessary for the dampness including re-plastering and reinstatement costs.
- It is recommended that a full timber and dampness inspection report is commissioned from a competent and reputable company with appropriate estimates before legal commitment is undertaken.
- Solicitors should also confirm repairing liability in respect of damp proof courses to ascertain whether or not they are shared with other leaseholders within the building.
- It is recommended that you consider commissioning a full damp and timber report from a competent and reputable damp surveyor company prior to exchange of legal commitment together with appropriate estimates for any works or repairs.
- It would therefore be prudent to request long-term fully bonded damp proofing guarantees from the vendor prior to commitment to purchase. Damp proofers should be requested to lift requisite floorboards to establish the condition of sub floor timbers.
- We would recommend you instruct a full inspection of the property by a competent PCA registered damp proofing and timber treatment contractor.
- It is recommended that you consider commissioning a full timber and dampness inspection report from a competent and reputable company prior to legal commitment together with appropriate estimates for any works or repairs. This should, with the vendors consent, involve opening up where considered necessary.
Simon Hichens BSc (Chemistry), CSDB, AISSE (Institute of Specialist Surveyors & Engineers)
Certificated Surveyor of Dampness in Buildings (Property Care Association PCA)
Expert Damp Timber Report London – Expert Surveyor – Expert witness – 24 priority